ADS’ culturally competent, multilingual support coordinators are committed to empowering participants to have absolute control in decision making, skill-building, and managing their life. Through collaboration, support coordinators link participants with service providers.
ADS’ Support Coordination Team provides a wide range of services to the participants, their families and carers, including:
- Supporting participants to understand and implement the funded supports in their plan.
- Linking participants to the community, mainstream and other government and non-government services.
- Negotiating service costs with providers and budget participant plan accordingly.
- Ensuring service agreements and service bookings are completed in line with the participants’ goals.
- Monitoring participant progress and assisting them in preparation for plan reviews.
ADS provide coordination of supports and specialist support coordination:
- Coordination of Supports is provided for participants with higher needs. This may include resolving points of crisis and developing resilience in the participants’ network.
- Specialist Support Coordination is a time-limited support coordination. The specialist framework is necessitated by high risks in a participant's situation to address barriers and reduce complexity in the environment, and assisting with connections to supports, building capacity and enhancing resilience.