Mukul Bhatnagar - Occupational Therapist
Mukul graduated with an undergraduate in Biomedical Science and Science (Major in Human Physiology). He continued his education to complete a Master of Occupational Therapy Practice (MOTPrac) from Monash University. Since then, Mukul has been actively involved in therapy services in a range of different domains including adult rehabilitation, adult and paediatric disability, mental health and a wide variety of paediatric services including therapy in clinic, home and school settings. Mukul has also facilitated group programs at Camp Jabiru and Beyond Jabiru, Australian based camps that aim to bring a therapeutic approach to a typical camp experience.
Mukul strives to provide client and family-centred services and has a strong passion for working collaboratively with children, adolescents, adults and their families. Mukul has a diverse experience in working with children and adults living with a variety of conditions including Sensory Processing Disorders, Autism (ASD), Developmental Delay, Learning Difficulties, Down Syndrome, Physical Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Health Challenges. He is strongly committed to helping all clients progress therapeutically and loves to create an enjoyable and supportive environment to see them achieve success.
Mukul's enthusiasm for learning has provided him with many opportunities to develop his practice, including:
- The Traffic Jam in My Brain - Genevieve Jereb;
- The Alert Program® for Self-Regulation – Mary Sue Williams and Sherry Shellenberger;
- Understanding the Vestibular System – Sheila Frick;
- Therapeutic Listening® Listening with the whole body - Sheila Frick and Lynette Burke;
- Eyesight to Insight- Mary Kwar and Dr Carl Hillier;
- The Healing Power of Your Hands: Craniosacral Therapy & Myofascial Release- Nancy Lawton-Shirley;
- Sensory Processing & The Brain: Using Neuroscience to support clinical reasoning – Dr Shelly Lane;
- Sensory Defensiveness, A Comprehensive Treatment Approach –Tracy Stackhouse and Julia Wilbarger;
- M.O.R.E Integrating the mouth with sensory and postural functions - Patricia Oetter and Eileen Richter;
- Decoding Autism - From understanding neurobiology to choosing intervention strategies- Kim Barthel;
- Collaborative & Proactive Solutions- Dr Ross Greene;
- Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions- Dr Eli Lebowitz
Mukul is providing Occupational Therapy services for the clients of Australian Disability Services. This includes Functional Assessments, Home Modifications, Activities of Daily Living Training, Hand Therapy, Equipment Prescription, Standardised Paediatric Assessments and Clinic-Based Paediatric Treatment for assistance with Emotional Regulation Challenges, Concentration and Engagement, Gross Motor Skills, Fine Motor Skills, SOS Feeding and Behavioural Flexibility.